In this post, I will show how to view a delivery for a Sent Item. This report, which can be seen from Outlook and OWA, will provide information on the status of an email such as: when the message was submitted, delivered and if it was read.
View Message Delivery Report in Outlook 2013:
1. Open a Sent Item to view its report
2. Click File and select “Open Delivery Report”
3. The Message Delivery Report will open in a browser window
View Message Delivery Report in OWA
1. After logging into OWA, click on Options and select See All Options…
2. Next select Organize E-mail and then Delivery Reports
3. On the Delivery Reports page, fill in the criteria that you want to use to search for the desired message: ie, based on recipients, sender or subject. In this case, I searched for messages from a particular sender. Once the data has been inputted, hit search to get the results.
The results of the report shows that the the message was submitted and delivered on 6/10/2016 2:10 PM. Also, it indicates that the message has been read or at least opened.